Syed Muhammad Ali
Syed Muhammad Ali, also known as Syed Rumman, deals with all areas of the firm’s practice especially in the Public Law and Human Rights with emphasis on Immigration, Nationality, Asylum, EU Law, Minor Criminal Matters and Judicial Review.
Syed is also a TV Presenter, elocutionist, researcher and human rights activist. As a published poet and writer with three books to his name, Syed Rumman was awarded “2008 Editor’s Choice Award” from the International Library of Poetry, USA, for his poetry.
Syed, during his student days, served as a student union Vice-President and university Governor, Trustee and Director. He was a member of the university Academic Board and Academic Strategy Committee. As a national student leader in the UK, Syed Rumman successfully led a campaign against the then-UKBA (UK Boarder and Agency) in 2012 which notably attracted media attention internationally and he appeared on various TV channels namely BBC, iTV, SKY TV, CNN, RTV, NDTV and many others. Syed was as an active member of Immigration Working Group at National Union of Students (NUS) from 2011-12. He also served as a Postgraduate Union Councillor and Student Representative while he was studying his BPTC at the City, University of London.
Syed is currently serving as a Literary Editor of Surma News Weekly, UK.
Immigration and Asylum
General Dispute Resolution/ Litigation
Power of Attorney and Legal Guardianship Order
Wills and Probate
- Represented a large number of clients on Education matters regarding their disputes against universities and colleges in relation to termination of student status, academic misconduct appeal, breaching consumer law so and so forth.
- Successfully applying for settlement for victims of domestic violence, Derivative Residence Card, leave to remain for stateless applications under Appendix FM including applications under child’s 7 years’ residency in the UK.
- Successfully dealing with asylum claims for clients.
- Dealing with several commercial Conveyancing matters.
- Successfully dealing with employment matters.
- Dealing with some complicated divorce cases.
- Dealing with some clients in relation to adult legal guardianship order and power of attorney.
- Dealt with criminal defence cases in the Magistrate and Crown Courts.
It is my pleasure to get legal support from Syed Rumman at Lexpert Solicitors. He is a very confident and experienced lawyer in immigration and legal guardianship matter. He is handling my immigration matter very professionally. He is very kind, Sincere and helpful person and most importantly he is available when I need his support. I wish him every success in his life.
I am very pleased to connect with this lawyer.
It was my pleasure to get legal support from Mr. Rumman. He is very confident and experienced lawyer in immigration and other field. He has handled my immigration matters professionally. He is very kind and cooperative. I wish him every success in his life.
I know this young lawyer who is very competent and he does what he says giving very efficient service.
I would like to thank Syed Rumman from for all his support with my case. He has guided me through a tough time in my life. I would highly recommend Syed to everyone who is seeking legal advice, you wouldn’t get any better service anywhere else.
BPTC, City, University of London
English, Bangla, Hindi, Urdu
Writing poetry, prose, novel, article, blogs, reciting poetry, voice over, anchoring, acting, modelling, translation
Recent articles from Rumman
How to make a complaint against your university in the UK
- Openness, integrity and trust
- Commitment and accountability
- Dedication and distinctive service
- Expertise and continuous improvement
- Equality, diversity and inclusiveness