Arafat deals with all areas of firm’s practice, with particular emphasis on commercial and public law. He specialises in commercial civil litigation and all areas of immigration, human rights and judicial review. He is experienced in dealing with commercial, partnership, company, personal injury and negligence related civil disputes, including high profile cases.
Arafat is a significant member of our team. He has consistent record of success in dealing with investment and work visas. He also has excellent record in dealing with judicial reviews with majority of his cases either being conceded by the other side or won at court. He is skilful in drafting pleadings, witness statements, as well as various types of deeds and contracts.
A perfectionist by nature, clients come to him for his sincerity, discipline, standard of service and professional demeanour. He is a strong strategist and is completely uncompromising when it comes to providing first-rate services to the clients.
General Dispute Resolution/ Litigation
Landlord and Tenant
Business and Company Matters
Immigration and Asylum
- Successfully challenging (in JR proceedings) a deportation order and curtailment of leave made under s.117C of NIAA 2002 and para 398 of IR
- Successfully representing a company whose fleet of over 30 cars had been wrongly converted by others
- Representing two clients in a highly contested property dispute worth about 2 million pounds
- Representing a group of clients in a high value partnership dispute that involved a harassment claim, injunction application, 9-days long trial and took over four years to resolve
- Successfully negotiating settlement in a company dispute
- Dealing with several commercial conveyancing and business purchase – includes drafting of trust deed and deed of covenant
- Securing leave to remain for a Venezuelan national on humanitarian grounds
- Securing ILR under Appendix FM for an Applicant who had spent almost half of his 5-years’ qualifying period outside the UK
- Successfully dealing with several JR applications
- Securing child arrangement order in a contested matter
- Litigating and negotiating financial settlement in a divorce matter
Mr Arafat Habib has taken us through the process each step of the way, explaining what is required, when and why. He is always on hand throughout the day and evening to answer questions and is very responsive. He has built a relationship with our family which makes it easier to discuss things when needed. He has been more than helpful and understanding of our situation, which is greatly appreciated. We can highly recommend Mr Arafat Habib and his firm Lexpert Solicitors LLP.
Very reliable and trustworthy, as well as empathetic and a kind human being.
It is my pleasure and honour to recommend Mr Arafat Habib of Lexpert Solicitors. I am a client of Mr Habib for nearly 6 years. I am confident of his excellent and exceptional professional skills. His professional experience and personal qualities made him stand out from others. I am hugely impressed by his ability to bring spectacular result, even from adverse situations. He is hard working, highly professional and takes every single issue seriously.
A genius lawyer. Knows exactly what he is doing with a case.
BPTC, City, University of London
LLM, City, University of London
LLB, University of London
English, Bangla, Hindi, Urdu
Writing, music production, filmmaking
Recent articles from Arafat
Significant obstacles to integration, unduly harsh consequence and very compelling circumstances over and above those – the three exceptions barring the deportations of foreign criminals
New UK visa sponsorship for employers
Best interests of children in the context of foreign criminals
Convicted of an offence that has caused “serious harm”?
Security of Tenure and Termination of Business Tenancy
Covid-19, Visa Expiry and Extension – Which Course of Action to Take?
Other recent posts from Arafat
Victory at the High Court – Munim v Rahman  EWHC 2870 (Ch) (21 November 2022)
Webinar on the new skilled workers sponsorship
Various updated Home Office guidances
Updated country policy and information notes on Pakistan, Iraq, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Albania
Guidance for Global Talent Applications submitted on or after 01 July 2020
Immigration staff guidance about dealing with extradition in criminal investigation cases – version 6; 2/7/2020
UKVI guidance on Covid-19: updated on 02 July 2020
Register of licensed sponsors: workers – updated list 03 July 2020
Register of licensed sponsors: students – updated list 03 July 2020
UKVI guidance on EU Settlement Scheme current processing time – new update 22 May 2020
- Openness, integrity and trust
- Commitment and accountability
- Dedication and distinctive service
- Expertise and continuous improvement
- Equality, diversity and inclusiveness